Snap-On Rubber Cap NT Konus Prosthesis for Incisors
Below is a picture depicting the conventional method of restoring an incisor with a reinforced post. While arguably pleasing in appearance, the tooth is significantly weak and does not have the strength and durability it needs to function in mastication. (Missing support and stress relief design) This conventional method taught by dental school usually ends up succumbing to loosening of posts or breakage of root stump, an inevitable outcome after about 10 to 15 years. This type of substandard design needs immediate improvement.
Due to uneven occlusal force and inflammation of gum, not only this incisor (illustrations below) has shifted its position, it is also very loose. Under current practice, this tooth must be extracted and restored either with implant or 3 unit dental bridge which requires large reduction on adjacent healthy teeth. After about 8, 9, or 10 years, inadequate tooth structure of abutment teeth leads to tooth decayed and the cycles repeat for every damaged tooth. To summarize the main cause: 1. Food and bacteria trapped underside the crown and bridge. 2. No stress relief design to distribute occlusal force. Detachable New Taiwan Konus with supporting alloy plate has solved these problems
Detachable hygienic New Taiwan Konus incisor prosthesis with supporting alloy plates on the sides eliminates:
- Tooth fracture, breakage, and loosening problems
- Cervical region hygiene and inflammation problems.
With new improved New Taiwan Konus design, just a simple snap-on rubber cap is enough to hold inner outer crowns together. This solves the cervical region inflammation problem. Furthermore, there is a supporting alloy plate added to relieve stress and prevent breakage of the fragile tooth. This is a state-of-the-art worry-free design which meets medical standards.
In the early days of my practice, I used Dr. Wu Wen-Yuan (German) Konus (single) + Rest Arms to add support and relieve stress for the incisor.
NT Konus® Detachable Hygienic Snap-On Rubber Cap Double Crowns Double Bridges︰
- Allow thorough cleaning. Prevents foul stenches and rotten food debris. Prevents tooth breakage and additional damage to adjacent teeth.
- Stress caused by occlusal(biting) force is shared by several teeth. There are also Rest Arms (laid on adjacent healthy teeth shoulders) to share stress preventing breakage. This is a stable restoration which can be used for a lifetime.
- With precise NT Konus® impression method and on-site opaque coloring, aesthetic satisfaction can be achieved.
Incisor of an elderly no longer suffers consequences of conventional fixed prostheses – loose and shaky, foul-smell, and pus-filled erosion. Also, when resting eternally, he/she keeps a natural look at funeral